I used to be a big resolution maker. I remember being a kid & hanging out with my bff Sherrine all the
time (24/7 to be exact...we had great freedom as kids). On New
Year's Eve, we'd stand on her Tata's porch & take turns running into
the yard & yelling our resolutions into the night. I don't
know why we thought screaming them for the world to know would make them
come true...but whatever, works, right? And as an adult, going to
Sherrine's house to play Cranium with her family & some other
friends. Oh, and Penny's insistence that eating pickled herring at
the stroke of midnight would bring you a financial windfall in the next
year. That's the grossest thing ever. Trust me. Boy
do I miss the simplicity of those days...and Sherrine. But that's a
story for another day.
So here are my resolutions for 2010.
I guess posting it to my blog is the equivalent of running into the
street & shouting my intentions for all to hear. And you can
bet that I'll be making this into a page. Maybe even today.
In 2010, I'd like to:
- Play more with Audra (she truly is the best friend ever!). Join her on some of those afternoon cocktail "hours".
- Hike more.
- Learn to snowshoe.
- Take more photos....take better photos.
- Reconnect with Sherrine. It's time. And I miss her greatly.
- Learn to have some patience with my family. I have patience in
abundance for my customers & friends. But not my
family. Not at all.
- Embrace healthy eating.
- Be as fit as I can be. And improve the strength of my core
muscles so my back stops hurting all the time. Don't laugh when
you see me doing lunges the length of the store :)
- Be a better wife, mother, daughter, & friend.
- Have success with the store. 2009 was a really rough year to
be a business owner. (Maybe I'd ought to eat that herring
- Be happy and more passionate about life.
- Remember to floss every day & to put on face cream every night. (I'm at that age now...you know what I mean...when face cream becomes important!)
- To be more creative. To scrapbook more. To make gifts for my friends & family.
- To take more breaks...trips...mini vacations.
I'll stop there. I could go on forever. What are you resolving to do in 2010? Post a comment & let me know. Maybe I can add it to my list :)
I wish all of you a very happy & prosperous new year!